Tuesday 22 January 2013

Good & Bad News

Right I am back from Cyprus where the weather was mild & warm enough to sit outside at lunchtime, but chilly at night, so a log fire was needed which was lovely & cozy.
Unfortunately I have come back to the news that I have a skin cancer, it is one that does not spread so thats good & I am awaiting another appointment regarding the treatment. Thats the bad news.
Now the good news is that I have been selected to join the Stamp & Create DT. This is on online store in the USA & they wanted an international member, so have asked me to join them for 3 months.

They run a challenge every month with a prize from the store, but post to the blog on a weekly basis. So it would lovely to see some of my followers join us at the current challenge over at the challenge blog & the challenge is Love, so very topical for this time of year.

& if that was not good enough news, they have started up a new Magnolia challenge as well & have asked me to join the DT here too. I will be posting a card each fortnight, which is the frequency of the challenges &  each challenge will also have a seasonal theme & this first challenge is ''Winter Blues'' & can be entered here. The prize is 1 Magnolia stamp of your choice, so those Magnolia fans amongst you, add this challenge blog to your list.

5 comments:

Marcelle said...

Great news and praying for you to have even greater news from your doctors regarding the skin cancer.
I love your cards by the way. I had a browse. All lovely!
Get well dear!
Hugs

DesignerDiva said...

OMG! What a shock Dawn. The good news is it is not malignant but even so it must have left you reeling! My Mum has actually had several of those skin cancers, all have been cut/lasered off and with no ill effects, I'm hoping all goes well for you Hunny!
Now the absolutely fantastic news is you made a Magnolia DT!! I'm so pleased for you even though I'm GREEN with envy lol, best Louise gets her class sorted out for us to colour soon! Congratulations you so deserve to be on a fabby DT like that
Hugs Laurie xx

Judy said...

Gosh sweetie,

First and foremost, my prayers are with you, and sending positive thoughts your way for a smooth treatment and speedy recovery.

Congratulations on being picked to design for Stamp and Create. Well deserved!

xo
Judy

Jules said...

Hi Dawn

Definitely good and bad news!!!

So sorry to read about your skin cancer .. .. thank goodness it is a none spreading type.

I hope they manage to sort everything out quickly for you.

Congratulations on your DT position though.

Take care Dawn.

Love Jules xx

Margreet said...

good and bad news for sure, Dawn...hoping the cancer stays benigne..thinking of you!
xxx Margreet