Saturday 20 September 2014

Shabby Chic

I received my Magnolia DooHickey Vol 2 die set from  Sir Stamp A Lot today & whilst I was disapppointed in the 1st one, this one is lovely, its a Christmas theme & has loads of dies.


There is pointsettia flowers, mistletoe leaves, santas head, little basket, apron, snowflake border. It really is a great set.
I had a play this afternoon & was not in the mood to colour, so produced this instead.
The papers are Bo Bunny Timepiece. K & Co Life's Journey. I Googled free vintage printables & found this one, cant give credit as the blog is no longer being used, but they were all free from the original blog description.
I edged all the papers with acrylic paint to give an aged look.
I also wanted to try the chalkboard effect, so cut out a Nestie labels die from black card, took an anti static pad & dabbed it onto the card, to look like previous rubbing out & then stamped direct onto the card with Magnolia Postcard set in Cloud White Brilliance ink pad. When the ink was dry, just ran the anti static over again. Added a few pearls to the edge of the Nestie, oh & hid a doily coloured with a Promarker, so its just peeking out on the side.
Added a ribbon & the little basket from the above set & flowers from Thailand. Ribbon from stash.
There you have a vintage shabby chic look, which is not like my usual style, but I enjoyed it & no colouring!!!
Entering the following challenges
A Creative Romance  Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge P for Pearls
Card making Mamas Vintage Elements or Shabby Chic
Stamp & Create with Magnolia Ribbons & Pearls
Charisma Cardz Lace & Pearls
MilkCoffee Challenge Colours of Autumn





5 comments:

Margreet said...

These dies look fantastic Dawn and I love your card!
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Dawn I love, love your Shabby Chic card it is full of so much beauty a superb make.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Dawn… I love all the little details in this card… it has a lovely Victorian feel to it... perfect shabby chic !!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Céline said...

beautiful card
thanks for playing with us at stamp and create with magnolia
hugs
céline

Kim Kelley said...

Beautiful! Love all the little embellies you added! Thank you for joining us this week at Card Makin Mamas! HUGS

Kim
CMM DT