Monday 26 January 2015

Graphic 45 calendar

I have been busy lately, albeit not on my blog. I have made several mixed media items, which I have really enjoyed & will show you soon.
The first one was inspired by Graphic 45 blog. There was a perpetual calendar made from Graphic 45 items, I challenged myself to make something similar with stash I already had, as it was expensive to purchase all the bits needed from Graphic 45. I did however have the Time to Flourish 8x8 paper pad.
I started out making a 19.5 cm box using my Envelope Punch Board & cutting the top off of it.
I then lined it with paper from stash, after reinforcing the sides & bottom with an additional layer of card.
I then made another box very slightly smaller than the outer box & cut one side of, to make a drawer, once again reinforcing the sides & bottom.
All of it is lined with various papers I had in my stash. I made the plastic slot containing the calendar months, by cutting up a plastic wallet, sticking flat backed pearls onto the edges & lining with pretty paper, then sticking to both the front of the calendar & inside the drawer to store the unused months.
I then made 2 little boxes & used a circle punch to make the slot at the front, where all the numbers are stored. I cut out some of the stamps in the cut apart section of the Time to Flourish paper pad & stuck them to the boxes.
I then made the months, by cutting out each month from the paper pad & taking several elements from each month to stick to an extension to the original month like this.
Each finished month looks like this
I did have to buy a handle from B & Q which cost me £3.49 & screwed that into the card & also glued into place.
The numbers are made using old tags I had, covering them in paper from my stash & putting peel offs on them, which I had covered in Gliding Wax.
The front has the same plastic slot as the inside drawer & I had some bull dog clips, which I covered in Shabby White Frantage & put a couple of brads on the front to hold the bulldog clips in place & to enable you to change the day easily.
Oh yes & added a couple of corner from Creative Expressions. I added buttons onto the bottom of the box to give it feet.
There it is, my perpetual calendar inspired by Graphic 45 here
I don't profess to say its better, its just cheaper lol
Entering the following challenges
Anything but a Card Shabby Chic
Scribble & Scrap Anything Goes
Paper Creators Craft Anything Goes
C.R.A.F.T  Recycling (tags, papers & plastic)
Crafty Creations Something Old & New (old papers, pearls,bulldog clips, new handle & Time to Flourish paper pad)
Inspiration Destination Anything Goes


6 comments:

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Dawn. Loved seeing how you created this and love even more the finished result.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow dawn this is brilliant it is both creative and inspirational and I like that you make it using your own stuff, I know how expensive it is to keep buying items, the whole design is superb.
hugs
lorraine x

MagsB said...

Oh my word, this is just amazing, Dawn! Beautiful work, and so original, too - especially your clever recycling! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a lovely make Dawn. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card mini challenge

Alyx said...

Such a fabulous project. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is beautifully done - gorgeousness in one place - Thank you for joining in with our mini spotlight challenge hosted by me. x