Saturday, 20 September 2014

Shabby Chic

I received my Magnolia DooHickey Vol 2 die set from  Sir Stamp A Lot today & whilst I was disapppointed in the 1st one, this one is lovely, its a Christmas theme & has loads of dies.


There is pointsettia flowers, mistletoe leaves, santas head, little basket, apron, snowflake border. It really is a great set.
I had a play this afternoon & was not in the mood to colour, so produced this instead.
The papers are Bo Bunny Timepiece. K & Co Life's Journey. I Googled free vintage printables & found this one, cant give credit as the blog is no longer being used, but they were all free from the original blog description.
I edged all the papers with acrylic paint to give an aged look.
I also wanted to try the chalkboard effect, so cut out a Nestie labels die from black card, took an anti static pad & dabbed it onto the card, to look like previous rubbing out & then stamped direct onto the card with Magnolia Postcard set in Cloud White Brilliance ink pad. When the ink was dry, just ran the anti static over again. Added a few pearls to the edge of the Nestie, oh & hid a doily coloured with a Promarker, so its just peeking out on the side.
Added a ribbon & the little basket from the above set & flowers from Thailand. Ribbon from stash.
There you have a vintage shabby chic look, which is not like my usual style, but I enjoyed it & no colouring!!!
Entering the following challenges
A Creative Romance  Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge P for Pearls
Card making Mamas Vintage Elements or Shabby Chic
Stamp & Create with Magnolia Ribbons & Pearls
Charisma Cardz Lace & Pearls
MilkCoffee Challenge Colours of Autumn





Post a Comment