Saturday 19 May 2012

Magnolia Down Under 2nd GDT Post

Its time for another challenge over at Magnolia Down Under & this week is ''Make Your Own Embellishment''. I chose to make my own flower out of lace
I threaded cotton along the top edge of the ribbon & pulled to make the circle. Added a smaller piece of black ribbon & added a jewel & hey an easy flower. I added ribbon & leaves & a pearl decoration for dimension.
I knew I was going to use Japanese Tilda (dont ask me why, it just came to me whilst laying in bed!!!), so I started out by making my background. This took ages & ages, I used my Hougie Board to make the criss cross along the card.
I them embossed the lines using an Embossing pen (yes can you remember them haha) & Embossing powder. I then did not like it red & white, so coloured all the squares in black & embossed them too. Finally I had a background that I liked for this card. I had already cut out the frame & backed it with some sparkly material in my stash & edged the frame with Liquid Pearls.
My chopsticks are from a Glitter Girls board & once again, embossed & a little Glamour Dust added too. The flower on top is 2 petals from stash, coloured with Promarkers, shaped & glittered & a little jewel in centre.
The fan is an old wooden stamp I have by Rubber Stampede called Asian Fans. I coloured with Promarkers & Red Stickles & Glamour Dust. Finally my Tilda is also coloured with Promarkers & I have left her skin very light as the Geisha girls did, she also has the Glamour Dust treatment.

All in all, I really like this card & the way it turned out, albeit that it took a long time to create.
Entering it into the following challenges
Challenge Up Your Life Asia
Dis Digi Designs Show Us That Bling
I Love Promarkers Anything Goes
Magnolia Stamp Lovers Hip2 Be Square
Magnolia-licious Inspiration Picture (I took reds, green & white)
Alphabet Challenge Handmade Flowers

I have won over at Magnolia-licious for this card.
I ave won Top 3 over at Challenge Up Your Life with this card.

16 comments:

chrissy xx said...

WoW! JUst Stunning! Soooo pretty....
LOve the fan. LOve the 'chop sticks'. LOve the flowers. LOve the pearls..LOve the colours...LOve everything.
Chrissyxx

Anonymous said...

A fabulous creation Dawn!
Helen x

Mel said...

OMG! OMG! OMG!

This is just amazing! I love every part of it! The paper is lush and colours my fav for the oriental theme!
You should be so pleased with it!
Hugs Melly xxx

Claudia said...

Hi Dawn, what a creation. This is just perfect and so asiatic :-).
Hugs Claudia

Lorraine said...

Oooooh, that's a bit lovely. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Candy said...

Hi Dawn,
WOW what a lot of work you did on your card. It is TERRIFIC! Your embellishments are all perfect and wonderfully made.
Tilda is gorgeous - love her face :o)
Hugs, Candy

shaz earl said...

Lovely card! thank you for joining us at Alphabet challenges for our *H - Handmade Flowers * challenge
Hugs Shaz

Karen said...

Lovely Dawn, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWW Dane this is so very beautiful a stunning and striking creation, the colours and design as well as Tilda look amazing.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Manuela said...

Wow, this card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the layout and all the details, they are fantastic :D
Thanks for joining us at Challenge up your life!

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn, such a gorgeous card! Wonderful details and love your colour combo.

Sarah

Carolin said...

Wow, so many details - fabulous card!
I like that the colouring of your Tilda is so subtle.
Thanks for joining us at Challenge up your life this week.
Hugs,
Mia (GD)

Craftyrose said...

Love all the pretty touches on your card Dawn. thanks for joining us at Di's digi designs challenge. xx

Vintage Blue said...

Hi Dawnie, I love it and yes I too wake up and something (crafty!!) just pops into my head!!! LOVE the lace flower a nice touch xo Allie

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge's 'Handmade Flowers' challenge xx

Jess's Crafty Things said...

love your card havent seen an eastern one for a while so it was refreshing to see it thanks for joining us at Di's Digi's hugs Jess