Sunday 21 August 2011

Magnolia Notice Board

In November I am going away for 5 days with friends on a crafting weekend in Yorkshire, we stay in a cottage & generally have a good time. I have been asked to do a class whilst we are there & this is what I have come up with. I saw a similar idea at Sir Stamp A Lot hanging up & thought I could make my own, the one at Sir Stamp A Lot was a kit, made out of chipboard & had a peg for the pencil holder I started by buying some foam board from Hobbycraft & cut out 2 x 20cm squares & made holes using my manual hole puncher (Crop O Dile wouldnt go through as board too thick). I then covered it using papers in my stash.
I then used my Craft Robo to cut out 8 circles in card & I attached them to the corners to provide more protection for the corners, by cutting away a quarter of the circle & folding around the corner. I coloured them using Promarkers.
I then painted blackboard paint onto cardboard that I had saved from some curtain packaging I had recently bought & attached that to one of the boards & decorated the top with flowers.
To the bottom board, I attached a ribbon using brads & glue, which allowed me to add the jotter pad by hooking it over the ribbon.
I covered the jotter in contrasting papers & added a Shopping Tilda to the front.
I then added ribbon to the top board by knotting it at the front of the board & also between the 2 boards by tying the ribbon at the back. I also coloured this to match the corners with the same Promarker.
I then had to decide how to attach the chalk & the pencil, so sat down with my Craft Robo & designed 2 holders, which again I covered with papers the same as the jotter & added  flowers to each. I then stuck them on using glue.
Lastly I added another Tilda to the bottom right hand of the blackboard to finish off.
Hey presto a notice board to make in Yorkshire. Now I have to prepare another 7 kits to allow the others to make it too.
Entered into these challenges.
Magnolia Stamp Lovers Flowers
Sir Stamp A Lot Whatever You Fancy
Craft Us Crazy Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenges Anything But a Card
Craft Your Passion Anything But a Card

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is a fab idea .. so cute and gorgeous colours

I live in Yorkshire .. so if you have time it would be great to meet for a cuppa lol
Lisa x

chrissy xx said...

What a great idea! LOve your colours.
Chrissyxx
Count be in too...I could get to Yorkshire easy peasy! lol.

Vicky said...

Wow...fabulous idea Dawn...and I so love the colours you have used too sweetie..!

have a lovely afternoon...hugs Vicky xx

pinky said...

Wow Dawn thats absolutely brilliant!! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Sylvia x said...

What a fantastic project and thank you for sharing it with us over at creative craft challenges....

enjoy your crafting break sounds ideal

Sylvia x

Tracy said...

Fabulous project, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sally H said...

Oh how fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

brenda said...

What a delightful creation Dawn.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work and joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Cindy said...

Well colored and very creative. Thanks so much for sharing your talent at the MSL 'flowers' challenge and we hope to see you back again soon.

cheryl said...

oh just love this its one gorgeous creation,
bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylxxx

Jules said...

Hi Dawn

What a brilliant make!!!

Such gorgeous colours and very practical. I am sure it is going to get lots of use!!

Loving all the beautiful flowers.

Have a great weekend.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn, WOW - that is just brilliant. Wish I had half your inspiration and skills! Love it. Hope you have a good crafty holiday. Sarah