Monday, 5 September 2011

Its been awhile!

Now I don't usually put much about my private life here on my blog, but just want to explain why I have not been around much. (Mind you I dont think I have been missed anyway). I have arthritis & its flared up recently which has left me in a lot of pain & not wanting to be creative at all.

Anyway I did sit down & make a card, I had made my DT card for Divas ages ago & that will be shown on Wednesday.

I started out by colouring with Promarkers an image by Kenny K called Skater Chick. The backing paper is by Toucan Scraps over at the OSAAT store called City Street, onto which I added a sentiment in Dripping Markers font to look like it had been spray canned.
 I then googled trying to finda graffiti artist or something as I had this idea in my head & came across this image of a Graffiti girl at Edupics which was free to use for non commercial use. This was perfect for what I had in my head. I coloured this again with Promarkers.
I have been admiring Make It Crafty urban,street images, but thought I had better not spend any money right now, so made my own dustbins by cutting out of silver paper & scoring to look like metal dustbins. It is difficult to photograph as my reflection kept showing up in the photos.
Added some silver rik rak & some candy & here is my first card in ages.
I have entered it into the following challenges
Birthday Sundaes Birthday sentiment
Creative Card Crew Annything Goes
Charisma Cardz Anything Goes
Card Makin Mamas Use a digi (paper & images)
Stamp Something Use a digi
Post a Comment