Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Tilda is on a journey

I found out recently that my sister who emigrated to New Zealand 8 years ago is coming to the UK in March & furthermore is flying out to Cyprus with me to spend a week together there with our baby sister. I am so excited I cannot tell you as I have not seen her apart from webcam in all that time. She is coming without hubby & family, so we can have some girlie time.
Anyway it is her birthday in January & I thought this was perfect for her. I started off with paper from stash, I think the top one was Lifes Journey by K & Co. The corners I cut out using my Craft Robo (using a template from UKScrappers) & gilded with gilding flakes.
I am quite pleased with how they turned out. All papers have been distressed with Distress Ink Peeled Paint. The word travel I cut out again on the Robo & distressed them to match the colours/tone already used.
The flowers again were distressed too & a metal charm saying journey was added.
Lastly the stamps used were Airplane in the clouds. Suitcase with signpost. Sitting Tilda, all from BonVoyage 2010. I have coloured with a mixture of Distress Inks & Prisma pencils.
You can just see the flourishes that I cut out using Cuttlebug  (Sissix Die)
Entered into the following challenges
Craft Your Passion Things with wings (aeroplane)
Fashionable Stamping Travelling around the world
Emerald Faeries Flourishes/Swirls

UPDATE I won a spotlight place in the Fashionable Challenges for this card
Post a Comment