Monday 11 April 2011

Doohickey Die

My card making has taken a back seat lately, what with all the appointments my son has had to do with buying his first house & of course mum has to be there too. I have had doctors, hospital appointments myself as well as getting ready for my hols on Sunday.
This image was from a  set of stamps free with Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine, I coloured with Promarkers & used a MS punch to give an edge.
Papers were from a friend & I glittered up one of the edges as well as distressing the edges of the image.
Another MS punch used for the vine effect. Flowers from stash.
The butterfly & dragon fly are a Doohickey Die by Magnolia which my very good friends have bought me for my birthday.
Entered into the following challenges
Dream Valley Challenges Things with Wings
Flutter By Wednesdays Butterflies
Creative Inspirations Punches/Dies
Make It Monday Anything Goes

Don't miss my sticky at the top of my blog for a chance of winning my birthday blog candy. It will run until 10th May

14 comments:

Vicky said...

Such a cute card Dawn...and that wee stamp is so sweet!...have a great holiday hun..

hugs Vicky xx

cheryl said...

oh hun how super cute is this wee card,love the images,and love that flower too hugs cherylxxxxx

Rochelle said...

Hi, Dawn! Wow congratulations to your son for taking this big step! I'm sure it's a lot of fun going house hunting with him. :)

This is such a sweet card! I love your coloring and the butterfly and the dragonfly are just so pretty. Perfect for your card. :)

Thanks for sharing your work with us at Michelle's Make It Monday. Hope to see more!

Hugs,
Rochelle

Margreet said...

lovely card with that sweet stamp and beautiful details!
xxx Margreet

Unknown said...

Awww what a cutie, love what you did with the stamps, still not used mine.. they are so small! Don't know why they don't do less stamps and make them a bit larger. .. Must be an exciting time for both mum and son. Hugs xx

Toni said...

awwwe what a cute card and well done on thehouse buying xxx

Aunty Sue said...

How cute is this thanks for sharing with creative this week

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Dawn this is just full of pure sweetness what fabulous image and colours I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Janiel/ janny said...

Dawn this is adorable!!!!!!!
hugs, Janiel

jo said...

'OLD UP love? Did you say D is buying his first house? OMG!! I can't believe it! I am so old...that makes you REALLY!!! old. ha ha. How exciting. Now the world is your oyster, you can do whatever you like.

Would it be so wrong of me to make my kids leave home at 15 & 16? It seems os reasonable to me. lol Wish him well from me. x x

Berry said...

What a sweet card dawn! Have you been hanging out at mortgage advisors too then? I've had enough of em lately trying to get another mortgage ourself, I don't envy you the appointments have them all here too! Hope all goes well anyway hugs rebekah xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Dawn . Sweet little images and love you colour combinations . Pretty punched border too. Thanks for sharing and linking to Michelle's Make it Monday .

Carole of Brum said...

Really cute card, I love the image and how you stamped it 3 times. Thanks for joining in with us at Dream Valley Challenges. CoB

THERESA said...

Awwwwww this is so cute, love that butterfly!!
lotsa luv