Monday 4 April 2011

Take It Easy

It seems ages since I sat & made any cards, my one & only child is buying his own property, so I am really busy running around & helping him through the process, whilst all the time feeling sick inside as I know I am going to miss him so much. He & I are so close & whilst he will be the other end of town, I realise its time for him to move on at the age of 23. He keeps saying he is glad I am still nearby, so I hope that once he has moved (July/August as it is a new build) things will settle down & I can start to relax again. I think until then I will be like most mums, wanting to keep your children safe each & every day.Better not write anymore, the tears which are never far away are on their way again...lol.


Anyway, this image is a freebie I picked up somewhere on the net (sorry) & I have coloured with Promarkers. MS punch Deep edged Daisy used to create the strip. Sissix swirls made from scrap card. Chocolate box ribbon made from stash. Flowers from stash, as are the candy buttons.. Sentiment chalked & is from a QVC kit bought years ago.
Added Glossy Accents to the water to give more dimension.

I have entered this into the following challenges
Sentimental Sundays Lets Get Wet (plus sentiment)
Gingerloft Blue
Crafty Catz April Showers (water)
One Stop Crafts Spots & Dots

One last thing, I have not managed to get around my normal blog listings & comment, so please forgive me, I will get back in the swing of things soon..
Oh & and another thing...... I have a blog candy going up in the next week, so please look out for it, this is to celebrate my big 50th birthday.

15 comments:

Ems said...

I love this card it's gorgeous xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card hun...what I could do with a long soak in the bath and chill time, can only dream! Sounds like you have been very busy helping your son I'm sure he will be popping home often lol! Jo xxx

Dorcas said...

How lovely!! Thanks so much for playing with us at SS! We appreciate your support!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous hun....Oh that bath looks so inviting lol...

hugs Vicky xx

chrissy xx said...

Fabulous card Dawn. LOve your colours and image.
Chrissyxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Dawn
A gorgeous card,fab image,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
hugs Dianne xx

Berry said...

Gorgeous card Dawn! Love that fab image and what you have done with her hugs Rebekah xx

cheryl said...

oh this is one,gorgeous card hun just so beautiful hugs cheryl xxx

Unknown said...

Fab card i love this image i have it to i used pearls on the bubbles.Thanks for sharing it with us at OSCC this week.

Kerry x

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining our “Let’s Get Wet” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~


**Check out my Meljen’s Designs & Whimsy Stamps blog candy!**

Tracey said...

Fabulous girly card, I love this image :)
Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Sonia said...

Hi Dawn
Totally Gorgeous Card!.. fabulous image.
-Sony

Purple Crazy said...

Gorgeous card, lots of lovely blues, thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft this time, xx

Lynn's scraps said...

Lovely relaxing card,Thanks for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges Lynnm