Saturday 18 February 2012

Mothers Day Lily

I was asked to make a Mothers Day card, which had flowers on it & was pretty & this is what I have come up with.
The BP is from stash & is years old. The stamp is by Elusive Images & I thought it would be different to leave it black & white. I coloured with Pumice Stone Distress Ink & Worn Lipstick & mounted it onto pink & black card from the scrap drawer (yes I actually managed to use some of my scrap drawer..lol). Added white & pink ribbon to the bottom.
The topmost flower is made by myself using a punch & embosser I bought last weekend from Stamperama. I think its by EK Success. Added a dew drop in the centre & a little glitter to the top petals to complete. I also bought a MS punch which gives me the Pine leaves. I love this shape & snapped it up when I saw it buried on a stand somewhere. I cut up a little lace to make 2 separate shapes & these I have stuck under the flowers from stash to give a little more detail. Sentiment from a QVC set bought yonks ago. The edges of the sentiment & mount is also a MS punch. I quite like the way this one has turned out.
Entered into the following challenges
Play Date Cafe Black, White & Pink
Cute Card Thursday Flower Power
OSAAT Anything Goes

10 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Just Gorgeous! The flower image looks Fabulous left like this Dawn...LOve your flowers especially the one you made is sooooo pretty...Looks a like an anemone.
Chrissyxx

Vicky said...

So beautiful Dawn....and great colour combo too :o)

have a lovely weekend hun...big hugs Vicky xx

Unknown said...

This is really beautiful Dawn, I loove those flowers, so bright and pretty xxx

Mel said...

Ohhh Dawn
This is gorjuss honey! Love the stunning colours and that wee image is fab!
Hugs M xxx

Hazel said...

Wow, it's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Wendy said...

So beautiful Dawn, love the colours and pretty flowers.
Wendy xx

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous Hun love those colours and those flowers hugs Cherylx

catherine said...

Beautiful card Dawn and such stunning colours
x catherine

Berry said...

Striking colours Dawn, love it hugs Rebekah xx

Stacy said...

Such a pretty card. Love the flower cluster in the corner. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!