Saturday, 18 February 2012

Mothers Day Lily

I was asked to make a Mothers Day card, which had flowers on it & was pretty & this is what I have come up with.
The BP is from stash & is years old. The stamp is by Elusive Images & I thought it would be different to leave it black & white. I coloured with Pumice Stone Distress Ink & Worn Lipstick & mounted it onto pink & black card from the scrap drawer (yes I actually managed to use some of my scrap drawer..lol). Added white & pink ribbon to the bottom.
The topmost flower is made by myself using a punch & embosser I bought last weekend from Stamperama. I think its by EK Success. Added a dew drop in the centre & a little glitter to the top petals to complete. I also bought a MS punch which gives me the Pine leaves. I love this shape & snapped it up when I saw it buried on a stand somewhere. I cut up a little lace to make 2 separate shapes & these I have stuck under the flowers from stash to give a little more detail. Sentiment from a QVC set bought yonks ago. The edges of the sentiment & mount is also a MS punch. I quite like the way this one has turned out.
Entered into the following challenges
Play Date Cafe Black, White & Pink
Cute Card Thursday Flower Power
OSAAT Anything Goes
Post a Comment