Saturday, 3 March 2012

Spring Colours

It seems such a long time since I posted anything on here, well over a week anyway! I just haven't felt like being creative & lost my mojo. I know it happens to us all, but sometimes life just gets in the way of being crafty.
Anyway, I sat down this afternoon & made this card. I love this Tilda with Lace Jeans from Butterfly Dreams 2011 collection & coloured her with a mixture of Distress Inks, Promarkers & Prisma pencils (ther's nothing like using all your colouring mediums is there)?
The papers used are Bo Bunny Barefoot & Bliss Collection & all have been distressed with TH Mustard Seed ink.
The lace is from my stash & I have layered the papers up as per the sketch over at TOMIC this week. On the first picture you can just see some woven material. Well when I went away to Yorkshire last November, with my crafting friends, we had a bin of torture, where we pulled a parcel out of the bag & had to make a card with some or all of the goodies we had picked out. Of course everyone had put in stuff they no longer wanted or didn't like & I got various bits of this material, well I knew I would use it at some point, apart from the card I had to make whilst there  lol.
The die is Spring Border by Memory Box & I picked that up at Stevenage last month & this is its first outing. Doily once again distressed & from stash. My friend bought 250 from Central which is a Thai cookery place on the A1 near us, amazing what you can find & much cheaper than craft shops, as they were  £1.20 for 250!!
Sentiment is a SU one & a corner punch used on the corners.


The flower was originally a white one & in the new Magnolia magazine, it shows how to change the colour using inks & Mica powders, so I had a go, I used a Brilliance ink pad first to colour, then a transparent ink pad & then used Mica powder to create the glossy shimmery effect. Its not really visible too clearly in the photo but its looks gorgeous in real life.


& there you have my first card for over a week, I have made my DT cards which are coming up over the next few days, so will be back soon.
Entering into the following challenges
TOMIC  Sketch & must be girly & have birthday text on it.
Crafty Catz Dies & Punches
Delightful Challenges Spring Colours
Totally Tilda Die Cuts & Punches (Punch used on sentiment & Die Cut is Spring Border).

Post a Comment