Saturday 3 March 2012

Spring Colours

It seems such a long time since I posted anything on here, well over a week anyway! I just haven't felt like being creative & lost my mojo. I know it happens to us all, but sometimes life just gets in the way of being crafty.
Anyway, I sat down this afternoon & made this card. I love this Tilda with Lace Jeans from Butterfly Dreams 2011 collection & coloured her with a mixture of Distress Inks, Promarkers & Prisma pencils (ther's nothing like using all your colouring mediums is there)?
The papers used are Bo Bunny Barefoot & Bliss Collection & all have been distressed with TH Mustard Seed ink.
The lace is from my stash & I have layered the papers up as per the sketch over at TOMIC this week. On the first picture you can just see some woven material. Well when I went away to Yorkshire last November, with my crafting friends, we had a bin of torture, where we pulled a parcel out of the bag & had to make a card with some or all of the goodies we had picked out. Of course everyone had put in stuff they no longer wanted or didn't like & I got various bits of this material, well I knew I would use it at some point, apart from the card I had to make whilst there  lol.
The die is Spring Border by Memory Box & I picked that up at Stevenage last month & this is its first outing. Doily once again distressed & from stash. My friend bought 250 from Central which is a Thai cookery place on the A1 near us, amazing what you can find & much cheaper than craft shops, as they were  £1.20 for 250!!
Sentiment is a SU one & a corner punch used on the corners.


The flower was originally a white one & in the new Magnolia magazine, it shows how to change the colour using inks & Mica powders, so I had a go, I used a Brilliance ink pad first to colour, then a transparent ink pad & then used Mica powder to create the glossy shimmery effect. Its not really visible too clearly in the photo but its looks gorgeous in real life.


& there you have my first card for over a week, I have made my DT cards which are coming up over the next few days, so will be back soon.
Entering into the following challenges
TOMIC  Sketch & must be girly & have birthday text on it.
Crafty Catz Dies & Punches
Delightful Challenges Spring Colours
Totally Tilda Die Cuts & Punches (Punch used on sentiment & Die Cut is Spring Border).

12 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Dawn, what a sweet image of Tilda.. and your colouring is beautiful.. yes mojo likes to go away sometimes, I hate it when it happens, but it seems yours has returned :D Hugs xx

chrissy xx said...

Just gorgeous! LOve your colours Dawn. Fabulous papers too.
Chrissyxx
I'd heard there was a shop in Stevenage!! It opened just after my daughter moved house!!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, love the image of Tilda, and the colours and flowers are gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Wonderful card Dawn, love the beautiful spring colours!
Thanks so much for joining us at Totally Tilda.
Love, Mel. xxx

Chriss America Real said...

Oh so adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with the Design Team on Delightful Challenges this week.

Hugs,

Chriss

cheryl said...

oh Hun this is just adorable just love those colours,and beautiful layout hugs Cherylxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Dawn fabby spring Tilda card! Jo xxxx

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Dawn...:o)

have a lovely evening sweetie...big hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous colours!
Helen x

Brittany said...

Fabulous card.. Great colours..
Hugs! Brittany, xoxo
http://mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.com/

Yani said...

Wow... your card is simply stunning! Loved the colors and embellishments you used. And of course, how you colored Tilda!

Great job and thanks for joining us at TOMIC!

Becky said...

Lovely card dawn, the colours are so fresh and lovely.
Thanks for joining us this challenge at Totally Tilda
Hugs, Becky x