Friday, 19 February 2010

Sewing Machine


I bought this image from Digital Ink Co as I used to have a sewing machine just like this one & thought it would make a good mothers day image. Mothers Day in the UK is 14th March, so not long now.
Anyway I cut up Dovecrafts Funky Vintage papers & stuck them onto beige card to look like patchwork and also added faux stitching to look even more authentic.
Image coloured with Prismas & Sansador
I used a template from UK Scrappers that I had saved onto my computer for the Nesties scalloped toppers, & then added acrylic copper paint around the edge of the top topper & also around the edge of the image to make it look like it was older. Not sure if I have achieved this but it has grown on me & I now quite like it.
Added letters cut from a Cuttlebug alphabet.
I have entered this into One Stitch At A Time as the challenge is to use stitching.
Post a Comment