Friday 19 February 2010

Sewing Machine


I bought this image from Digital Ink Co as I used to have a sewing machine just like this one & thought it would make a good mothers day image. Mothers Day in the UK is 14th March, so not long now.
Anyway I cut up Dovecrafts Funky Vintage papers & stuck them onto beige card to look like patchwork and also added faux stitching to look even more authentic.
Image coloured with Prismas & Sansador
I used a template from UK Scrappers that I had saved onto my computer for the Nesties scalloped toppers, & then added acrylic copper paint around the edge of the top topper & also around the edge of the image to make it look like it was older. Not sure if I have achieved this but it has grown on me & I now quite like it.
Added letters cut from a Cuttlebug alphabet.
I have entered this into One Stitch At A Time as the challenge is to use stitching.

9 comments:

Liz said...

Dawnie its BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for following hn and listen it fits into One Stitch at a Time challenge the theme is stitching on ur card!the theme is stitching Please pop over and add your lobvely card we have prizes and candy galore! Two guess how many ribbons.. And Sam has fab candy too if you cannot find the link you will on my blog sidebar hun now please pop over see u there! Good Luck
Liz xx

Harriet H said...

You have done a fabulous job... I love your coloring... I remember those sewing machines as well...brings back good memories of grandmother and great grandmother....

Harriet

stitchy said...

Dawn this is beautiful, wow, Judy will be so pleased and I have to say it to, I remember my mom's sewing machine too, looked just like that lol...thank you so much for entering in our challenge over at OSAAT...lovely card hun..
good luck!!
hugz
stitchy xx

Sam said...

Hi Dawnie hunny, thanks for entering this little beaut into our first challenge here at OSAAT. I'm sure it'll go down a storm - I did one for my MILs birthday in January...she loved it!!
Take care hun
Sam x

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Dawn, I hate to say this, but I used to have one of those machines, err it makes me feel old, lol,these electric ones make us lazy he he,your card is fabulous and agreat memory provider, thanks for joining us at OSAAT, hugs liz xx

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn Beutiful card, bought this image myself it is lovely, great background & detail, there's a card on my blog with this image, thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT,hope to see you again soon.
Sarah xx

cheryl said...

hi dawn this is so beautiful love the colurs,fab detail too thanks for joining us at OSAAT hugs cheryl xxxx

Helen Dooley said...

What agreat card! I lvoe that you used a sewing machine on a sewn card. Thanks for playing along with us at OSAAT this week.

Spyder said...

Lovely card! With added sewing machine too!!(My mum had one like that!)Thank you for joining OSAAT's First Challenge! Hope to see you next time too!
(Lyn)